claim back tax rebate
Claiming Tax Rebate Properly
At times when you are working for a company you may discover that you have been paying too much tax mainly if you move jobs over and over again or are working on different jobs during the same period. if there is a chance that you feel that you have paid out higher income tax on your wages methods are available for you to request for a repayment.
WHY CAN YOU PAY EXCESSIVE TAX WHEN WORKING?
You may have paid tax at a higher rate and get a tax refund if:
1. you were involved in studies and have worked at breaks and missed completion of form P38S Student Employees
2. your company was utilizing the erroneous tax code allocation
3. you were only employed with a part time job
4. you were employed in over one job during the same period
5. you stopped working and were not earning tax earnings or dole in the same year
6. your personal income altered - for instance you altered from full to part-time work or worked as a self employed worker
7. alternative wages earned which was open to tax with the use of your tax code, for example funds and other earnings has reduced since previously informed the tax office about it - meaning the earnings contained for your income tax code is too much
8. you were employed a new job and had a reserve tax code assignment until a proper tax code could be given
PAYE (Pay As You Earn) and tax codes
Your tax code is issued by the relevant tax authority local to you and based on the data they have about your financial circumstances and your right to allowances. It can be found on the PAYE notice of code (it is normally sent to you prior to the beginning of the financial tax year and it can also be dispatched any various times if your status has changed). Not everyone will be sent such a notice but the code can also be found on the P45 or your pay slip. It informs your companys wages department how much tax to deduct before being handed over your salary. This way of paying tax is generally known as PAYE. If you have different jobs or you are getting a pension with your employment you could have more than one salary tax code.
CLAIMING TAX REBATE FOR SELF ASSESSMENT TAX THAT IS OVERPAID
If you have reason to believe that you were charged higher wages tax under Self Assessment read the tax office guide to learn what to do to to obtain a tax refund for overpaid tax. if you are owed a tax refund the tax office will make a tax rebate by most likely sending it to your personal account to account for tax payments in the future or by money transfer or a check posted
TAX REBATE FOR PAYE OVERPAYMENTS - FROM PAST YEARS
Write in to your Tax Office and send any significant official papers relevant to your income for the relevant income tax year you need to be claiming back tax, such as:
1. the necessary required information related to your job and any necessary info on benefits received to claim a tax rebate
Your local tax office will look into your complaint, to see what you are due and send you a refund.
RECLAIMING TAX PAYE OVERPAID TAX - IN THE CURRENT YEAR
How you apply for a tax refund this year will be according to your circumstances. There are lots of tax refund companies who undertake cases only in this line of work to help people in successfully getting a tax refund.
RECLAIMING IN A JOB
Tell your companys Tax Department why you somehow feel that you have been charged too much tax. They may at the first instance have everything they are likely to need to check for any tax rebate.